Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eleventh Hour

Last month I posted about a glass focal I bought from The Blue Between, to complement a dress I'll be wearing for my friend's wedding. I had grand plans to do a beautiful bead embroidery neckpiece... But then life happens, and I moved, and I still can't find half my stuff, and I can't even unpack half my clothes because I need my brother to come back and reconfigure the ONE tiny closet so I can fit more stuff in it! And... and... and...
~
...and here we are, mere days before the wedding, and I hadn't even started yet. So last night I buckled down and whipped up some little dangles for this gorgeous glass focal. It is missing something at the top, and I need to get some chain to go with the other antiqued gold bits. Normally I would dig through all the vintage stuff I have, but I just don't have time on my side anymore.
~
At least I have meticulously arranged for pet care while I'm away. My dad will drive over each day to take care of the 3 cats, and my mom will take the 2 dogs. I've washed all their stuff: beds, toys, collars, leashes, and blankets. I've packed food & way too many snacks. I've also written out detailed instructions and guidelines for cats and dogs. And I haven't packed a damn thing for myself yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment