Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On The Bench

This partly amethyst cabochon was acquired last spring, on a visit to my dear friend in San Diego. She picked this one up a couple of times, and didn't know I was watching. So finally I am working on it! I'll be leaving in 8 days to visit her again (for her wedding!) and I wonder if I will be done by then...
~
You know those recyclable grocery bags? Well, they make great cab backings! They're very strong, they don't fray, and they hold a dot of glue very well. And, at $1 per bag, you can get almost a shit ton of cab backings. Later, I will cover the backing with a nice piece of leather, and bead around the edge to finish it off nicely.
~
It feels so good to be creating again. I put everything on hold for the past 6 weeks. I moved into a small farmhouse. I had to pack everything away, and focus on practical matters. Blech! I still have a LOT of organizing to do, and a LOT of things to put away. Probably a lot of things to consign / donate, also, now that I have less space. But I just had to start working on a project again!

No comments:

Post a Comment